Winter Club Learn to Skate group lessons resume in September.
We have fun group lessons for children (3 and older), teens and adults. All skill levels from beginners to advanced. You can learn in figure skates or hockey skates.
Choose once-a-week classes on Thursdays 5:15-6:15pm or Sundays 3:40-5:10pm
Skaters may start any week, space permitting.
To see the calendar, schedule and prices, click on the Registration Form button.
Some classes fill fast. Make a reservation by sending an email:
SAVE MONEY: Ask about our re-enrollment discount and family discount and full-season discount (sign up for all three sessions in September).
Session 1 = 6 weeks in September and October
Thursdays: 5:15-6:15pm: Sept. 19, 26, Oct. 3, 10, 17, 24
Sundays: 3:40-5:10pm: Sept. 22, 29, Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27
Session 2 = 6 weeks in November and December
Sundays: Nov. 3, 10, 17, 24, Dec. 1, 8
Thursdays: Nov. 7, 14, 21, Dec. 5, 12, 19
Winter Wonderland Holiday Recital and Skate with Santa Sunday, Dec. 15, 3:40-6:40
All skaters are invited to perform with their class.
Sunday Fun Day: Stay tuned for a special event on Sunday, Dec. 22.
Session 3 = 5 weeks in January and February
Sundays: Jan. 5, 12, 19, 26, Feb. 2
Thursdays: Jan. 9, 16, 23, 30, Feb. 6
You have several options for Learn to Skate classes, public sessions, freestyle sessions, and stick-and-puck at other central Indiana skating facilities:
LTS group lessons Tues & Sat. Year-round public skating, stick-and-puck, and freestyle.
LTS and Learn to Play Hockey Thurs & Sun. Year-round public skating, stick-and-puck, and freestyle.
Sycamore Skating Club has LTS group lessons, and freestyle September-April.
Public skating sessions fall and winter. Open now for 2019-2020 season!
When Winter Club Learn to Skate resumes in September… CLASSES FOR EVERYONE IN YOUR FAMILY!
Learn to Skate USA Classes:
– Snowplow Sam 1-4 (3-5 years old). Fun, safe class to get little ones moving. Learn in figure skates or hockey skates.
– Basic 1-6 (6-15 years old). All beginners start in Basic 1 and move up at their own pace. Learn in figure or hockey skates.
– Adult 1-6 (16 and older). Learn the basics and then more advanced crossovers and turns. Learn in figure or hockey skates.
– Pre Free Skate and Free Skate 1-6. Learn jumps, spins, moves in the field, and ice dance steps.
– Group instruction for 30 minutes weekly.
– 30 minutes practice time weekly.
– High-quality instruction from professional coaches.
– Learn to Skate USA membership and benefits.
– Rental skates are included in class fee.
– Free parking at Indiana State Fairgrounds on lesson days.
Learn to Skate USA Membership Benefits:
– Skater Record book with stickers to track your progress.
– Parent Handbook.
– Membership card.
– Award Badges when you complete a skill level.
– Opportunity to compete in Learn to Skate and USFS-sanctioned events.
– Sport Accident insurance.
Classes for More Advanced Skaters:
Small Specialty classes for skater in Basic 5 or higher levels. There are classes for everyone! Classes are offered during Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday Winter Club Sessions. Each Focus Group meets once a week for six consecutive weeks. Each week you will get a 20-minute class plus 25 minutes of practice time. Pre-requisite Basic, skill or test level must be met prior to enrolling. Skater must have a current LTSUSA or Winter Club membership. Classes will be offered only if at least 4 skaters enroll. Maximum of 7 per group. Times may be changed depending on enrollment and coach availability.
Winter Club’s experienced and certified coaches offer private lessons for skaters who want to learn at a quicker pace, need one-on-one help to master difficult skills, or who want to prepare for a competition. Our coaches work with skaters of all ages from the first steps on the ice to advanced jumps, spins and ice dances. Fees for private lesson are paid directly to the coach. Schedule a lesson with the coach of your choice or use a private lesson request form. Winter Club’s coaches are members of the Professional Skaters Association and U.S. Figure Skating.