Learn to Skate classes meet once a week at the Pop Weaver Youth Pavilion at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Choose classes on Sundays or Thursdays (see below for details.) The cost per skater for the current session is $125. Each class includes:
- Thirty minutes of group instruction
- Thirty minutes (Thursday) or 1 hour (Sunday) of practice time
- Free skate rental
- Free parking at the Indiana State Fairgrounds during lesson time
- Holiday recital (included with Session II [November-December] lessons)
- Unlimited access to public skating sessions (including free skate rental) at the Pop Weaver Youth Pavilion and the Fuel Tank at Fishers while enrolled in LTS
THURSDAYS 5:40–6:40 p.m
Nov. 4, 11, 18 & Dec. 2, 9, 16
Snowplow Sam (age 3–5): 5:40–6:10 p.m. lessons, 6:10–6:40 p.m. practice
Basic 1, 2, 3 (age 6–14): 5:40–6:10 p.m. lessons, 6:10–6:40 p.m. practice
Basic 4, 5, 6; Pre-Free Skate; Free Skate 1–6 (age 6–14) and Adult 1–6 (age 15+): 5:40–6:10 p.m. practice, 6:10–6:40 p.m. lessons.
SUNDAYS 4:30–6 p.m.
Nov. 7, 14, 21, 28 & Dec 5, 12
Snowplow Sam (age 3–5): 4:30–5:00 p.m. lessons, 5:00–6:00 p.m. practice
Basic 1, 2, 3 (age 6–14): 4:30–5:00 p.m. lessons, 5:00–6:00 p.m. practice
Basic 4, 5, 6; Pre-Free Skate; Free Skate 1–6 (age 6–14) and Adult 1–6 (age 15+): 5:00–5:30 p.m. lessons, 4:30–5:00 p.m and 5:30–6:00 p.m practice
NEW SUNDAY CLASSES!
Team Time: Learn theatrical team skating skills (Basic 5-Intermediate, age 7–17) 4:30–5:30 p.m. practice, 5:30-6:00 p.m. group lesson.
Test Prep: Work on skills needed for the first U.S. Figure Skating moves in the field tests (must have passed Pre-Free Skate or Adult 6. Any age). 4:30–5:30 p.m. practice, 5:30–6:00 p.m. group lesson.
Masks are REQUIRED for all unvaccinated persons and strongly encouraged for everyone else.
Make-up classes must be scheduled with Learn to Skate Director Patty Hagen.
Questions? Visit our Learn to Skate FAQs page or email Patty Hagen.
Private and semi-private lessons are available from Winter Club coaches. Usually, private lessons are given on public or freestyle sessions. To ask questions or find a private-lesson coach, email Patty Hagen or contact a coach directly:
- Andrea Yovanovich
- Patty Hagen
- Christie Kievit Griffin
- Jessica Sheplavy
- Mary Anderson
- Demerie Kiley
- Natalie Burnette
Learn to Skate USA Member Benefits:
- Skater Record book with stickers to track your progress.
- Parent Handbook.
- Membership card.
- Award Badges when you complete a skill level.
- Opportunity to compete in Learn to Skate and USFS-sanctioned events.
- Sport Accident insurance.